*****Application submission has already been closed this year.Thanks very
much for sending us many of your applications.*****
Purpose Of The Festival
TOKATSU International Film Festival is aiming to become a film festival that can be a symbol of local industries and local cultures. By serving this opportunity, it would be existedas a fort of independent films that supports contemporary film works. We hope this film festival become a sanctuary of independent film creators all over the world.
TOKATSU International Film Festival 2006
Presented by : TOKATSU International Film Festival Organizing Committee
Festival dates : Saturday October 14 to October 22, 2006
Entry Deadline : August 15, 2006
* If you need the entry form for your film submission,
please use the following files. Word PDF
Overview Of The Festival
The official program is based on the submitted films by the general candidates. When your film is selected for the international competition, the winners of each award will be announced and prized on the last day of the film festival. These awards will be selected by the international jury and votes from audiences.
- All the films for the international competition must not be previously released in Japan.
- All films must be created after January 1, 2005.
- We accept every genre of films, but all films must be longer than 70 minutes.
- Film formats are not standardized. However they should be compatible with the formats designated by the film festival office. (They will be presented in 35mm, 16mm, or DLP.)
- If the films are in Japanese, they should have English subtitles. If these are in other languages besides English or Japanese, they should have either English or Japanese subtitles.
|Awards And Prize Money
The details of the amount of prize money in each award and other information will be announced on our website shortly.
- Grand Prix And Audience Awards
- Please send a copy of your film in VHS (NTSC, PAL, or SECAM) or DVD (region free) for preview purposes and a document with information about the film to the film festival office by August 15, 2006 (Japan time) by post.
- The postage for sending your VHS tape or DVD for preview purposes should be at your expenses.
- The enclosed document should include an overview of your film, the synopsis (approximately 200 words in English), a list of the staff and cast, etc. (If there is any other information that you think might be necessary for the screening process, please attach it, too.)
- Please note that the VHS tape or DVD that you send to us for preview purposes will not be returnable.
- We will notify the applicants of the screening results by August 31, 2006.
- There is no entry fee.
|About The Selected Films
- The selected films will be nominated to the international competition or othercompetition for presentation based on the judgment of the film festival executive committee.
- If a film is selected to the international competition, the film festival will invite one person involved in the film to the competition. The film festival will pay for the traveling and accommodation expenses.
- The film festival office will pay whole amount of the shipping cost of the film materials when the films are selected for the presentation in the international competition or other departments.
|Send materials to: Festival Organizing Committee
||Nagareyama film works, Marusho Bldg.302, 4-36-17
Heiwadai, Nagareyama-shi Chiba 270-0157,Japan